x

How to run a prepaid event on a food truck

I own a food truck and do catering out of the truck. We have prepaid events where people will order food for 100 people. I don’t know how to use the POS to where i can put in the orders of each person. We take the order and make the food fresh so I may have 10 people who have ordered and I need the auto assign numbers so I can call each person back up to the truck to pick up their order. I have tried to use the open ticket, but it names the ticket and every ticket is the same name which I don’t need because each person has a different name but are with the same party.

thanks for the help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

The easiest workaround that I can think of is to put the person's name in the notes section of each item ordered instead of naming the ticket. That way you can still keep it under one open ticket and close it out at the end.

Or, you can run each person individually and save each ticket as they're generated. When you're done, you can use the Merge Ticket functionality to combine them all into one ticket. Be warned, though, you will bog down the app considerably merging that many tickets and possibly crash it. You may want to merge only 10 or so at a time.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi, some times we have pre paid events where host will prepaid a certain amount of food,  let’s say 50 cochino arepas and 50 pollo.  They give tix to the attendees,  it would be great if I could somehow record this so I know how many of each flavor are left and can give a report to the host. I know at the moment I could select different payment and put something but that is after jumping bunch of windows. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi! I've merged your post to an existing thread. Thanks for posting!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4