x

How to add additional email address for a customer?

Pardon if this question is already posted somewhere, I could not find it. 

I am seeking information on how to add more than one email address to a customer record. I have several customers who have more than one email address -- a primary, but then a secondary -- that I can send invoices / receipts to. I don't want to remove the primary, but the secondary is handy.

Thanks in adavance for any help!

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

At this time you can only enter one email address into the customer info.  When creating invoices you can manually add a second address.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Yes! This needs fixed ASAP.  Please give us the capability to add more that 1 email address to our Customer profiles.  I need to send invoices to more than one person in the company.

Message 22 of 24

As far as I can tell Square has yet to address this issue.  I thought I'd share a workaround I've been using lately that might be helpful for some people.

Instead of creating a new invoice, use the "duplicate" feature on a previous invoice for the same customer.  This will create a copy of the old invoice with a new invoice number and the same contacts that you had entered in the previous invoice.  You can then modify your line items to suit the needs of your new order and you won't have to worry about pulling up your email contact list everytime to manually enter additional invoice recipients.  Hope this helps!

Message 23 of 24
Square Champion

Bummer that this isn't a field. Maybe you can create a custom field called "email2" and add it there. Then, when square gets around to this feature, you will have it to import directly versus adding it to a note for example. 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 24 of 24