x

How to add additional email address for a customer?

Pardon if this question is already posted somewhere, I could not find it. 

I am seeking information on how to add more than one email address to a customer record. I have several customers who have more than one email address -- a primary, but then a secondary -- that I can send invoices / receipts to. I don't want to remove the primary, but the secondary is handy.

Thanks in adavance for any help!

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

At this time you can only enter one email address into the customer info.  When creating invoices you can manually add a second address.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

At this time you can only enter one email address into the customer info.  When creating invoices you can manually add a second address.

Message 2 of 24

It's been more than two years since this message was sent. Are there any plans to make the customer record able to hold more than one email address? A lot of my customers need their invoices sent to more than one person, and manually typing it in is getting rather tedious. That is at least partially because when you pick "Add Additional Recipient," the cursor does not jump to the blank field. I think both your database and user interface could use a bit of tweaking. I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't hear what's not working for people that use Square, how do you know what they need fixed? 🙂

Message 3 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LogicGeek -

Thanks for checking in on this Feature Request! I completely understand and can see the benefit businesses. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline on when this is going to get rolled out to our Sellers. 

Keep an eye out for our Product Updates for upcoming feature launches. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 24

I hope this gets bumped to the top of the list. Been waiting on this for years.

Message 5 of 24
Admin

Hey @RJHoney-

Thanks for resurfacing this feature request. We understand how this will be helpful, given that a lot of people have more than one email address these days. We'll make sure to post in here when we receive an update.

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager
Message 6 of 24

It is not just one person having multiple emails. I have businesses we have multiple people who want to receive the invoice.

Message 7 of 24
Alumni

@RJHoney - stepping in for Isabelle here.

We hear you loud and clear! We'll bubble your voice up to the Product Team to add to this request. 

Thanks for your continued patience! 

Justin
Message 8 of 24
Beta Member

I agree with those who have posted how important this feature is.  In my case, the property manager and the accountant want copies emailed.  I'm sure others have similar situations.  Please star this feature request for very important.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 24
Beta Member

Just had another client require that the invoices be sent to two email addresses. They're a retainer client who receives a recurring monthly invoice. How and when will this be supported? 

Message 10 of 24

I second this. Customers want invoices and receipts sent to multiple people in the organization.  I am literally amazed that this hasn't been done as it seems obvious.  

Message 11 of 24

Aloha, This should be a no-brainer. We have customers who need a copy of the invoice sent to multiple people so that the payments do not fall thru the cracks as mine have done. When someone goes on vacation or leaves the company an backup email address is needed so that someone in the company sees the invoice and can get it paid. I have this problem and haven't been paid since may because the only invoice fell thru the cracks. We need better support, this is not rocket science.

Expand the email field and allow multiple email address to be added with a semi-colon like most everyone else. Why would this important feature take so long? 4 years to date and no solution... now how is that customer support!

Message 12 of 24
Beta Member

I’ve noticed there is still no solution to this problem. Is there an estimated time that we will be able to send  a copy of the invoice to more than one person. As businesses grow, there are multiple people who need to have a copy of the invoice in order for it to be paid. Please advise as this is the only drawback I’ve ever had with Square

Message 13 of 24

I am also in need of being able to add more than one person to an invoice as many of my clients are part of a team that gets things done collectively. Is there a solution to this yet? I too feel this is the only thing I have an issue with Square on! Thank you for any help! 

Message 14 of 24

Hey @ccstaugustine @Atouchofglover

Thanks for writing in! Additional recipients can be added to your invoices when you create your invoices. Scroll down to the Communication section of your invoices to send the invoice to multiple email addresses:

Please let us know how you go!

Message 15 of 24

This feature needs to be in the customer area also so that we don't have to remember to add the email address everytime we send an invoice.

Message 16 of 24

Just joining in on the conversation.  Also need multiple email address for a customer that are attached TO THE CUSTOMER'S PROFILE, not a "please remember to add them!"  Please be honest and let us know if this is going to be added in the VERY NEAR future, or not.  Either answer is fine, just let us know. 

Message 17 of 24

Hello @NHAAD

Thank you for reaching out, I appreciate you wanting directness with your response to this. Before I answer this I just want to be absolutely clear I know what you are needing for your business. Under the customer directory profile, you want the ability to add an additional email address. Is that correct?

Message 18 of 24

I think I can speak on behalf the rest of the group in this thread...

Yes, the request is we would like to be able to add multiple emails to a customer profile so that invoices can be sent to more than one email without having to manually add the additional recipient(s) every time.

Message 19 of 24

Hello @HotIceLLC 

I would like to invite you to submit an official feature request. These threads can get lost in the Seller Community sometimes so the Community Managers have come up with our Ideate Boards to better group, monitor, and follow up on the ideas or requests from Sellers like you.

Once you submit the request post it here so other Sellers interested in the feature are aware and can vote and comment on the request sharing their interest.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 20 of 24

Yes, that is what I and THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS WANTING! 

Message 21 of 24