x

How do i get my Square website to pop up on Google search engine ?

I can not figure out how to get my square website to pop up on google search engine. 

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @UneekBoutiqueCo!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Do you have Visible to search engine enabled within SEO & Social Media?

Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue so I can look into this further! 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @UneekBoutiqueCo!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Do you have Visible to search engine enabled within SEO & Social Media?

Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue so I can look into this further! 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager
Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

After getting your site onto google, another helpful tip we found was to get your site to the top of google, here's what we found helpful...

To get your website on top of google,

1.  we have found that reviews on google and

2.  having the right keyword searches to your website,  

3.  having your website updated often, most designers can add your social media account to the site, and that will act as an update to your site, since most people post daily on their social media accounts.  (best to talk to a web designer).

has kept our website on the top without having to pay for ads.

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Thank you very much for adding those tips @cmeshine! Sounds like you have a good bit experience already. How long have you had a website for your business? Or is your business an eCommerce business?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

We have had our website since 2009 and it has been the best investment, in terms of getting new clients.  We are a service industry; however, we are currently integrating an e-commerce to the site for products to maintain our services, along with customer financing for our clients on our higher end services.  Square Installments program would work wonderful for what we are gearing up to do, but isn't offered in our state yet.

Message 5 of 16
Admin

I see! I think a lot of businesses in the services industry have been working hard to add products - I hope all is going well for you. We had a thread recently for services businesses you might like to add to (or just read!) Join the Discussion: Managing Your Service Business During COVID-19

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 16

I began my website 8 years ago and read allot about how to get found online. I followed the directions. I was flooded with business even though the "seo and online experts" all said my website was no good and I was doing it all wrong.

Years later, I own my home I bought with cash, have a new corvette, allot of toys, my wife does not need to work and have a stable business. ALL from the website! Those "SEO experts" who said I cannot make it still live with their mom or stuck in 3rd world counties in bamboo huts! All the "experts" do it repeat whet they read online and the same information is available to you. In fact, the more you know, the less you will be satisfied with most people who ask for money to promote your website. 

You can try to pay a good trustworthy person to establish your business but if they are not successful then they cannot make you successful. If THEIR website does not rank then they cannot make YOUR website rank. Do not let them give you the keywords to search it. Make sense?

. Do some things yourself. Facebook advertising at $5.00 per day, 1 week at a time helps.  Be careful not to use adwords. One day I lost over $850.00 in one day by making a mistake.

Ask Google the question you ask here and follow their directions. A little bit every day or every week and you will be getting customers before you know it. You can take a shortcut by using crap like "yext" but they are not good folks in the least. Good luck! You can even ask your friends to share your website address, give you reviews on google or facebook etc.  Lastly, the answer from the other person telling you to check your settings "make visible...." is important and the very first thing! Peace be with you! 

Message 7 of 16
Alumni

Thank you for taking the time to share your findings and insights with everyone here in the Community, @nyplantings! I'm sure this will be very helpful for anyone looking to gain more visiblity for their websites 🙌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 16

Hi, I know this is an old post but I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions about my eCommerce that I published a few days ago.

Appreciate all the information you gave us growing businesses 🙂

I was thinking about the google reviews, but I can't seem to even find my site when I search for it on Google. Is it just because it's relatively new? The site link works and I'm currently sharing that around. But even if it was the last result of a search I would still be content if I could FIND it. 

Message 9 of 16
Alumni

Hi there @Frost-Gaming - did you have a chance to look at the tips provided by @nyplantings here in this thread?

If so, you may also want to pop over to this thread where I linked out to a post from Square about SEO, and offered a bit of advice to the seller who asked the question.

Valentina
Message 10 of 16

Thank you for the response. I've tried the tips and will definitely be working on it, I understand that these things will take time to master. I've started implementing Google's My Business feature and Google Ads so hopefully this will improve such results. 

I would hope that I could at least find my website with a given search, even if it is the last result. 

My site: https://frost-gaming-store.square.site/

Message 11 of 16
Alumni

If it helps, I ran a Google search for "Frost Gaming Square" and your website linked above was the first search result!

"Frost Gaming controller" pulled up 2 Amazon product pages, but your website was the very next search result. (controllers with an "s" did not populate your website on my first two pages).

"Frost Gaming Playstation" had you around #5 in my search results.

All this to say that it seems your website is appearing within certain search results, @Frost-Gaming - yay! 😊

Valentina
Message 12 of 16

Oh woow thank you I just checked now as well! I think it wasn't indexed until today so that's good news 🙂

I know this may be going off topic, and if it is then I would be happy to create a new thread. But I was wondering if you had an opinion on the horror stories you can find about other small businesses using Square? It's got me kind of worried tbh. 

Message 13 of 16
Alumni

Our system periodically reviews transactions to ensure everyone's businesses are safe from scams and fraud, @Frost-Gaming. This may not necessarily be the reason these folks' transfers were suspended, but our policy is to make sure every business is protected when our system notices something unusual.

You can learn more about why transfers may be suspended by reading through this article from our Support Center.

Valentina
Message 14 of 16

I got as far as on the google maps "add your business" but in order to verify that I own my website it's saying I need an email address that is "___@mywebsite.com". I don't have an email set up like that for my website and I was trying to figure out how to set one up through google, but it's showing I need to transfer my domain and that my domain is locked? Now I'm completely lost. Any help, advice, or links would be greatly appreciated!

Message 15 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JackOfAllBraids,

Thank you for reaching out to The Seller Community, I am happy to assist. I just want to clarify are you trying to set up your Google Business Profile?

Can you walk me through the exact steps you are going through right now that lead you to get that message? Also, could you provide a screenshot of that message? Thank you!

Message 16 of 16