x

How do I connect my shipping carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS) account with my Square Online Store website?

How do I connect my shipping carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS) account with my Square Online Store website?

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @secondwindbb-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

You can connect your UPS account with your Square Online Store within the Advanced Settings section:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Alumni

Hey there @MsAMann - Stripe is a different card processing company than Square. Are you looking for help connecting USPS to your Square Online Store? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 89

Lol.. the hazards of working on the 4th of July. Yeah, I meant square😉

Message 44 of 89
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MsAMann 👋 Thanks for the quick reply! I can step in for Justin in his absence here. You can use your own USPS account by syncing it with your Online Store in the Settings tab of your Online Store Dashboard.

Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle for more details. Let me know if this gets your where you need to be! 

Joe
Message 45 of 89

The account ID "weeblymerchant" is grayed out.  I can't update it. 

Message 46 of 89
Alumni

Jumping in for the other folks here 😊

Where are you seeing the account ID weeblymerchant, @MsAMann?

Valentina
Message 47 of 89

Online Store > Settings > Shipping > Advanced Settings

Message 48 of 89

Thanks for the prompt reply, @MsAMann - would you mind including a screenshot of your issue here? I want to pass it along to our Ecomm team for further clarity.

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Message 49 of 89

I am having the same issue with connecting to USPS. The link is grayed out and can't connectCapture.JPGCapture.JPG

Message 50 of 89

Thanks for sharing. Mine is the same.

Message 51 of 89
Admin

Thanks for the screenshots @JanT. I ran this by one of our Weebly pros and it appears that you can only connect your own accounts with UPS and FedEx; USPS and DHL use our own merchant account.

One thing to note is that if you want to use real-time shipping, you'll need to upgrade to a higher plan if you haven't done so already.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 52 of 89
Beta Member

So we have the Performance Plan website.  I am able to calculate weight for USPS shipping, but not the zones.  This is costing money.  Looking at the Top of the Line plan it looks like it does not calculate zone based upon zip code.  What can I do for real time shipping charges.  Our items are too light for UPS, etc.    Am I able to somehow integrate a third party like Shippo?  

BTW, my USPS is grayed out also.  What to do now?

Regards

tiedyebarn.com 

Message 53 of 89

I'm frustrated with this too. My items are all under 1 lb and I need to use USPS but it is grey as well.

Message 54 of 89
Beta Member

It has been nearly two months now since I posted this:

So we have the Performance Plan website.  I am able to calculate weight for USPS shipping, but not the zones.  This is costing money.  Looking at the Top of the Line plan it looks like it does not calculate zone based upon zip code.  What can I do for real time shipping charges.  Our items are too light for UPS, etc.    Am I able to somehow integrate a third party like Shippo?  

BTW, my USPS is grayed out also.  What to do now?

Regards

tiedyebarn.com 

What plan to I need to purchase to have full integration of USPS with my weebly site?  As noted we have the performance plan.  I need to calculate not only weight, but also zone based upon Zip code.  Will someone finally answer the questions?  How to connect the USPS with the Weebly site as its grayed out and how to get real calculation.  What the hell am I paying for then?

Message 55 of 89

Hey there @abigkahuna

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! 

Check out this thread where other sellers had some similar questions to linking their third party shipping accounts. 

Currently, Shippo is not available as a shipping option. It would be a Feature Request for our Product Team. 

Kassi
Message 56 of 89
Beta Member

Hello Kassi,

That is where my post originated. Look, we can not link USPS to our shipping with the Weebly configuration.  It is grayed out.  I don't need UPS or FedEX or DHL.

Furthermore, the USPS shipping calculator ONLY calculates shipping by weight and not Zone.  I can calculate for part of America, but end up losing money on the rest.  Can not we calculate based upon Zip Code?  It is all in the USPS Notice 123.  

I am seriously thinking about moving from the weebly platform if these shipping issues can not be cleared up quickly.  Even if we pay $80/month--the shipping calculation does not do Zone, only weight.  Not good.

Regards,

abigkahuna

Message 57 of 89

@bigkahuna - 

Ah I see. My apologies! 

When it comes to the USPS accounts, you wouldn't be able to add your own. The USPS option is linked to our own merchant account. 

If you want to use the real-time shipping, then you would have to upgrade to the Premium Weebly plan. 

I completely understand if these options don't work for your current business operations. I appreciate you reaching out with these questions and feedback. 

Kassi
Message 58 of 89
Beta Member

[Personal info has been redacted by a Community Moderator for privacy purposes]

Hello Kassi,

I would upgrade to premium for the real time shipping calculator, but no where does it state that it figures out for both weight and zone for USPS, can you point me in the right direction where is would state that both weight and zone are calculated, that will weigh  heavy in my decision as to what to do next.   Regards,   abigkahuna

Message 59 of 89
Admin

Hi @abigkahuna. With USPS we're using an integration through Shippo for rates. We don't have anything ourselves that goes over those specifics, but this article on USPS pricing from Shippo should provide a bit more context for you.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 60 of 89
Beta Member

Let me check out that article and get back to you.  Regards--abigkahuna

Message 61 of 89
Beta Member

I read the article and so how do I integrate this with my shipping charges to the customer at check out

As I understand it, Weebly currently does not integrate with Shippo for shipping charges.  I have seen where a label can be printed.  

--abigkahuna

USPS Pricing Overview – Commercial Base, Commercial Plus, Cubic

USPS has a number of different high-volume pricing tiers depending on your shipments and interaction with USPS.

• Retail pricing
  • Commercial base pricing
  • Commercial plus pricing
  • Cubic pricing

Retail Pricing

USPS Retail Pricing is the price charged for postage purchased at retail USPS counters. This is the highest pricing charged by the USPS.

Commercial Base Pricing

USPS Commercial Base Pricing and USPS Commercial Plus Pricing are now the same. See below for more information.

Commercial Plus Pricing

USPS Commercial Plus Pricing refers to discounted shipping rates for high volume shippers. Commercial Plus Pricing is calculated based on the weight of the package and which zone it’s traveling to (dependent on the origin address).

Cubic Pricing

USPS Cubic Pricing is calculated based on the dimensions of the package and zones, not weight. To qualify for cubic pricing, you will have to ship over 50,000 packages a year.

Cubic pricing only applies to packages up to 20 lbs with all dimensions measuring below 18”. USPS has five cubic levels (0.1 – 0.5) that are always rounded up when calculating cubic pricing.

Cubes are calculated: (H” x W” x L”) / 1728 = USPS Shipping “Cube”

Priority Mail on Shippo are based on a combination of cubic and weight/zone pricing. Since we take in both your package weight and dimensions, we automatically calculate both rates and provide you the better rate of the two.

Dive into alternative USPS shipping methods on our blog.

With Shippo, you can tap right into USPS commercial and cubic pricing instantly upon sign-up. It’s free to sign up and compare rates on Shippo. Only pay when you print a shipping label – it’s 5 cents per label plus the cost of the label itself.

Find The Best Shipping Rates Now

Message 62 of 89

How do I set up a USPS account? It does not let me select it. 

Message 63 of 89