x

How Can I Set Recurring Due Date to First of Each Month?

While the recurring payment process almost does what we want, we're still have issues figuring out how to make the payments due on the first of the month, no matter how many days are in each month. If it's January and we set up our invoice to be sent on the 15th, and then mark the due date to be on February 1st, it will properly set the due to be 17 days from January 15th. However, it will then send an invoice on February 15th, and mark the due date on March 3rd (17 days from February 15th). Hopefully I'm making sense. How do we set it up to simply be due on the 1st of each month, no matter how many days are in the preceding month?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

We've definitely got you covered here, @petitballet! 🧾️

What we'll want to do first is head over to the Recurring Invoices page in your Square Dashboard. Once you're on the screen that allows you to create a new recurring series, you'll scroll down until you see Recurring Schedule - it looks like this:

The exact set-up shown above should do the trick - follow these steps to replicate it on your side:

1. Set the Start date to be the first of the upcoming month.
  2. Repeat Every should be set to "1 month".
  3. End date is up to you, so change that as needed.
  4. Be sure to set Each Invoice Due to "Upon Receipt", since you'd like the invoice to be paid on the first of each month.
  5. Once you've followed these steps, you should see the sentence shown above read "This invoice will repeat every month on day 1, starting on..."

Scroll a bit further down to find More Options - the first part of this section is where you can edit your Reminders. Based on what you've said in your post, I think you'll want to at least set up a reminder for 14 days before the due date. I'll include an example of this here as well:

This should get things working as you're intending - please let us know if you're still having any troubles 😌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2