x

Feature Request: Customer account creation for quicker Online Store checkout

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Online Store Customer Checkout

Does the square online store give the option to store customer details for quick checkout?

It doesn't seem to, but maybe we are missing something?

`PJ

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@wiltshire @TripleC 

While there is no full account creation right now, customers do have the option to save their payment information through Square as a sort of card on file, which is verified through a Two Factor Authentication code texted to the customer's phone number.

It is a little confusing because it doesn't give the customer any sort of confirmation that their information has been saved or anything, but it definitely has worked and it's all done in the background.

There's also use Apple Pay and Google Pay available as payment options!

All of these definitely speed up checkout a bit, but yes, hopefully a complete account creation option will come soon!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Hi @lodog! I moved your post here where you can see others chatting about this function. Pesso gives a good explanation of what goes down when the customer "saves info for faster checkout". Take a look and let us know if you have other questions.

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 22 of 26

Hi,  Is there a way to have on my website an " MY ACCOUNT " where customers can log in and make their own accounts and see their purchase history?
 Also, notification sound for orders receive LOUD? 

Message 23 of 26
Beta Member

Same request for customer accounts feature.

Best if it's also available to manage subscriptions.

Please make this happen 🙂

Message 24 of 26

I see that the feature of customer creating an account has been discussed since 2020 on the thread. Any input please. Is there a possibility to add this feature by upgrading. I’m still a beginner working to launch my website, but as a customer shopping online for the longest time. Last of my worries is saving my credit card info for a faster checkout, I just don’t trust website without subscription or creating an account  where I can see my purchase history, monitor my activity and track my order. It’s simply gives more confidence that it’s a legit store and not some kind of a scam. I really hope that this feature has been added now because I don’t see me starting to have and building customers to start with if it doesn’t exist. I’ve been working on my website for a while trying to get it ready to have published and running and would really hate to lose all the time and effort I put into it so far to start all over again.

Message 25 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hello @wiltshire!

I have some good news! Customer Accounts for Square Online has been implemented. 

Take a look at this Product Launch announcement from our Community Team. 

Thank you for your patience while they worked on getting this feature available! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 26