x

Card on File

I would like the ability to take a card on file to hold client reservations in my business. Ideally it would not charge the card until services had been rendered. It would be great if I could send them a payment gateway email so that they could leave a card on file without an invoice prior to the services being performed.  Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for any clarity you all can provide!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @MIKLL, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently we do not have a payment gateway for just saving a Card on File. The only way you can save a card without processing a payment, is to add it to the customers profile on the directory on the Point of Sale app or your Square Dashboard. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out! 🙂

Message 2 of 3

This really needs to be added as I feature. I have tried to send clients invoices with the ability to save a card on file and they end up not seeing that option so they skip over it and then I'm stuck. All of my bookings are over email so I don't have the card in front of me to add it into the system and if I can't record a CVV anywhere, then I'm stuck. I really need to be able to send a link to my clients for them to add a card to their file.

Message 3 of 3