x
Square Champion

What is one thing that you won't compromise on when it comes to your business?

Good morning fellow Sellers! Happy 🐫 Day!

One of the services I offer in my business is vehicle undercoating/rustproofing. I have seen and dealt with many types of vehicle frames and bodies.  From brand new and shiny to flaking rust and wondering how it is still on the road. 

I have a few products that I use from a rubberized semi-permanent to two different rustproofing oils.  Each one serves a specific purpose, and depending on your vehicle and its condition then dictates which product I would suggest on using.  

One thing I will not do, is apply a semi-permanent undercoating to a vehicle that is not brand new.  I have lost sales because of this but I am okay with that, because in a situation of rust present a semi-permanent undercoating will do more harm to your vehicle not having anything applied. 

My question for all you sellers out there is 

What is one thing that you and or your business will not compromise on?

Whether it be a more expensive ingredient or product that you use to create something in your business, or even as simple (simply said) not being available 24/7 to your customers.

I'd love to get your input and perspective  on this from different types of businesses. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

This is SUCH a good question. 
We constantly have chats about staying true to vision but truly sometimes you have to become more flexible (not compromising) just having more of a broader view on things. 

So if there was one thing we would never compromise on it would be… 

choosing speed or automation over quality and humanity. 

We value human connection so deeply. Not only to each other and our customers but as a coffee shop to what we are physically doing. Pouring our lattes, walking a drink out to someone, and taking orders. 

We have been to coffee convention where they feature fully robotic baristas (mind you there were like 6 people to man these 2 robots 😂) but it was just honestly sad to see. So we can confidently say, no iPads or kiosk ordering, and no “starb*cks” fully automated machines, and definitely no

robots 😂

this one bright be crazy but- we are closed on Sunday. We started this from the beginning and we’ve really stuck to our guns on this one.  

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 5
Seller Community Mentor

You know... that's why Chik-Fil-A is so successful about being closed on Sundays!  They started it that way and will never change.  Good for you!!!

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Haha we do always say that! Of CFA can do it - so can we. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 4 of 5
Seller Community Mentor

We're an HVAC company.  One thing we will never compromise on is touching equipment outside of code.  We had a call the other day where a customer asked us to see about fixing his propane problem - the unit is not working properly and he doesn't know why.  Upon inspection, we found that he has installed improper venting that is not only illegal but highly dangerous to his home and family.  He got very angry when we refused to work on his system and figure out what his problem is.  If we are the last company to work on it and then his house burns down.... well....

The guy tried to argue with him, in front of the man's wife and we refused to touch it and stated out loud why, right in front of her.  If he had asked us to make the proper repairs before working on it, that would have been different.  But he didn't want that.  He expected us to leave it that way and still fix it.  We had the right to hazard tag that unit and shut it down/disable it.

We will never put ourselves at risk and will always tell a customer when they have something hazardous.

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 5 of 5