x

When doing non transaction based markets and events

Hey all,

I've been using the Square app since Sept. of 2018, where I worked at pop-up markets and took orders with standard cash/charge transactions.

This year, I will be doing multiple markets and events where I am paid up front.

Question - How would I navigate the menu in order to ticket these items for order/kitchen tracking without having to go through the checkout process and select payment types?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

This reply merged from an existing thread:  When working markets and events without standard transactions

(My apologies, I posted this under 'New to Square' but figured I'd also post here for more exposure)

I've been using the Square app since Sept. of 2018, where I worked at pop-up markets and took orders with standard cash/charge transactions.

This year, I will be doing multiple markets and events where I am paid up front.

Question - How would I navigate the menu in order to ticket these items for order/kitchen tracking without having to go through the checkout process and select payment types?

To clarify - I want to be able to use my Terminal as an all-in-one machine for taking orders and printing order stubs and kitchen receipts, but will not be using it for any sort of transactions for these particular events.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
Admin

@Effex

Thanks for this question, and welcome to the Community! Glad to have you here. No need to post twice, we'll be able to move your post around and get it to the right place, as well as respond to your question.

I would suggest using Open Tickets for what you are looking to do. (Don't forget to set up your printer settings as well)

This will create a kitchen ticket when it is saved, without triggering the checkout process.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 3 of 3