x

How do I get a square reader for my phone?

I need a card reader for my phone

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

You can pick them up at local appliance shops like Best Buy or quickly on Amazon but you can also get them shipped directly from Square - this guide will show you the difference in the basic readers. We prefer the contactless/chip reader for accuracy and speed with all of the new touch to tap payments from cards, phones, watches, etc.  I hope this helps!

Compare the Square Readers | Square Support Center - US (squareup.com)

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 2 of 5

have Android, Samsung 8+. I've been a happy Square user for 3 years! I do local vendor events weekly.

I ordered the small card reader from Sam's online, Square sells it too. It's like a 2" little square box. I got a case on Amazon. It can be used as Touchless, tap & go OR Mag strip reader. It connects right to the Square app! It came with the little plug into your phone device, which is good for backup but a pain if you have a case on phone... have to remove case to use plug in

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Amazon & Best Buy & Target have them! Make sure you choose the correct one for your phone. Bring the charger for your phone if you need it so you can be sure to grab the correct one.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hi @Kathy70!

All of the responses below are correct, but if you have an iPhone, you can also utilize the new "tap to pay on iPhone" feature!

https://squareup.com/us/en/payments/tap-to-pay

Message 5 of 5