x

How can I add items to my Square App?

How do I add different items to my Square App and then how do I call up each different item when I make a sale?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @CharlesLeon! It sounds like your question is more about creating items and making sales on the Square Point of Sale app rather than Square Reporting, so I've moved it to a new thread to make it easier for us to support you.

You can create items from your Square Point of Sale app by: 

1. Tap โ‰ก More or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.

2. Tap Items > All Items > Create Item.

3. Tap the square tile to add a label, upload an optional image or choose the tile colour that will appear on your item grid.

4. Enter the item name, unit type, price, SKU, price and stock amount. If the item has multiple price points, tap Add Variation.

5. Add any applicable category, options, modifiers and enable or disable sales tax.

6. Add an optional item description.

7. Once youโ€™re all set, tap Save.

You can find more information about how to create and manage your items through your Square Point of Sale app in our Support Centre. In addition to this, you can manage your items anywhere from your computer through the Square Online Dashboard as well. With the Square Dashboard, you will also have the option to import item in bulk if you have a large item library. 

Once you have set up your item library, when you are putting through a sale on your Square Point of Sale app, simply switch from Keypad view to Library view (you'll see this at the top of your screen). You can search for the ite you wish to add here. 

I hope this will help! 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content