x

Weebly website and POS payments LOUSY!

Back when Square acquired Weebly, I tried to recreate my website using the Square site builder only to find I wasn't at all happy with the results. I liked with the way my Weebly site looked, its navigation and more importantly, with its page builder. My question is why, now that Square owns Weebly and integrates the ability for online sales, can't any live sales of my products be reflected on my Weebly website as out of stock, sold, or unavailable? It makes no sense to me. I do the majority of my sales in-person and this inability for my phone sales to connect to my website with a live update means I have to  keep a separate record of each item sold, remember how I labeled each item on my website (everything I make is a one-off), then go online at a later time to individually delete/show as unavailable each item sold that day. It's a crazy way to run a business and I feel it's the responsibility of Square to make this happen in a more user friendly manner now that Weebly is part of the Square organization. It makes no sense to me that Square out acquire Weebly and not fully support it. I would appreciate it if the folks at Square would consider rectifying this issue. I don’t imagine I’m the only Weebly domain owner to have issues with this lack of coordination between the two platforms. I pay yearly for the ability to make sales on my online website but feel I am in no way getting the expected bang for my buck with this oversight/neglect on Square’s part. 

I hope the powers-that-be can see a way towards making the integration of in-person sales and a Weebly website happen. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @maineaprons I appreciate you sharing your website feedback.

The Square Online editor was built to work directly with Square accounts since the original Weebly editor does not have the same syncing functionality. Unfortunately, I do not believe there will be any changes made to the original Weebly editor to work in the same manner as the newer editor. 

Is there anything in particular about the new editor you found difficult to achieve. I took a look at your original website, and it looks like you would be able to achieve a similar aesthetic with the Square Online editor. 

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for your response. I guess you can read I am frustrated and I apologize for my 'lousy' wording. That being said I wonder why Square bothered to acquire Weebly if it isn't fully supported. I am a one-person business owner and building a website is a time consuming occupation. I put my time and energy into making my products. I don't really have the time to build a new website, which is the source of much of my frustration with how Square has taken on Weebly only to disregard it.

I admit I am not a software engineer but how hard is it to build POS support into the existing Weebly software? Why build a whole new platform when Weebly already was operating as a successful web-building platform?

Puzzled and still not happy.

Jinger

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I totally understand the frustration. Speaking from personal experience, I did have trouble getting used to the newer editor as well because I was so used to the original Weebly editor. It took awhile for me to get comfortable with it, however, my mom did not have experience with either editor and she ended up preferring the Square editor. 

One thing that might work for you is having two "separate" sites. You can keep your original Weebly site as is, and use the Square site to create the store page. Then you can connect both sites to each other by adding an external link option in the navigation on both sites. 

Square Online navigation setup to external link:

Message 4 of 5

I can see how creating a store page on the Square site builder would work but it would mean I would have to create each individual item on both platforms and because most of what I make is a one-off it would double the time required to set up each item. It's looking like there is no good solution unless I totally rebuild. I'm not happy about that, especially if it would be a relatively simple fix to include POS items into Weebly. 

Thank you for trying to help.

Message 5 of 5