x

Please stop the tutorial (pop up) on the scheduling pages!

It is extremely annoying to make employee schedules each week with the tutorial pop ups continuously getting in the way and blocking your screen. After a new user clicks away the pop ups they should become disabled. 

Each week while I'm creating employee schedules it takes me twice as long because I have to work around these redundant messages!!! (Please fix ASAP)

Thank you in advance, -Bruce@MFNC

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square Champion

@MFNC206 Hi, Bruce.  That happened to me for the better part of a month.  I reported it, and I figured someone must have determined the problem because for the past few weeks it has not been happening to me.  After reading your post, I checked to be sure and mine is still “fixed.”  The point of all of that is the engineers must have determined that my problem was located specifically in my account back-end settings or something.  Most likely, that is the case for you, too.  While the engineering teams do review these boards, I’m not sure how frequently that happens.  So I’d recommend either an online chat or a phone call (yes, I know… ugh!) with the Customer Success Team.  They might be able to get the ball rolling more quickly on a resolution.

I wish you the best.  You might mention that I had had a similar problem that was reported and seems to have been resolved by someone.  Maybe they kept notes!  (My seller/company name is in the signature line below, for reference.)

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 17
Square Champion

This is also a problem for us but I never actually thought of reporting it. Not sure why. So I am thinking it might be less of an individual account issue that square was just unaware of. Now I'm intrigued if there are many other accounts having this issue and just haven't said anything about it.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 3 of 17
Square Champion

@Lovewell How odd.  So, you’re still having the problem and mine went away mysteriously after over a month.  Now @MFNC206 is reporting the problem.  I saw poor @BernadetteA lurking around on the boards earlier, so TAG, she’s it!  I wonder if she can open a problem report on this and see what’s up?  

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 17
Square Champion

When joining the seller community I never imagined we would be playing tag! haha this is great.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 5 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi all 👋 I actually came across this when it was first posted, but haven't had a chance to respond back yet. 😊

I spoke with the Appointments team, and they want to know if this refers to Team Shifts? Also, if anyone has a screenshot of the actual pop-up they can share it may help me expedite this to the right team.

Message 6 of 17
Square Champion

Thanks @BernadetteA.  For me it was on the Shifts screen.  I assumed that’s what @MFNC206 meant, as well, but he should confirm that, of course.  @Lovewell?

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 7 of 17
Square Champion

Yes for me it was the shift screen as well. I did however go back into shifts today on my laptop and it does not pop up. However when i go into shifts on my phone through safari the tutorial does pop up.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 8 of 17
Square Champion

Hmmm… Add my voice to what @Lovewell just said.  It works fine on my iPad (no tutorial) but not on my iPhone (tutorials pop up there).  My iPad is iPadOS16 Public Beta, iPhone is iOS 16 Public Beta.  Both Safari

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 9 of 17

Thank you both for that additional information. I'm sure that will be helpful for the team. 

@MFNC206 can you confirm what the other two have said on this post, or is your issue different? 

Message 10 of 17

Yes, confirming what they said is correct. We only use our desktop so I can't say weather or not Ipad acts differently. This the teams scheduling on Square website. -Bruce@MFNC

Message 11 of 17

Thank you for confirming. Just so I am on the same page as everyone, @MFN206 sees the repeated popup when using desktop as well? While @TheRealChipA and @Lovewell only see this on iPhone? 

@MFN206 can you visit this website and let me know what browser version you are using? https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Message 12 of 17
Square Champion

Yes- confirming I only see it on my iPhone. I will check and see if either of the owners see it when they are logged into their accounts on their macs.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 13 of 17

Thank you, everyone!  

@Lovewell. Can you check your cookie settings to see if there is an option to select "functional cookies"? I have been told that if these are turned off, you will continue to see the tutorials. If you are not familiar with this setting, please let us know. I'm trying to get further clarification about this. 😊

Message 14 of 17
Square Champion

@BernadetteA I’m going to jump in with what just happened with me.  I had to erase all of my cache and website data in Safari recently.  And, all of the tutorials started popping up again.  Reading your post, I now know why.  You seem to be saying that cookies are required in order for Square to know that we’ve actually “read” these tutorials?  That’s something I did not know. Unfortunately in Safari there is no way to distinguish between functional cookies and all the rest.  Cookies are either blocked or they are not, period.

I just spent a few minutes dismissing all of the tutorials as they popped up on the Shifts page.  Now, the ONLY one that pops up consistently (ie - ALL THE TIME) is the one shown in the screen shot below.  No matter how many times I dismiss that one, it keeps returning.  That is how it has always been for me, I realized — the same message again and again and again.

761A68F7-6948-4B5A-8698-FC8350136AF6.jpeg

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 15 of 17
Square Champion

@BernadetteA Hi! yea, I am not exactly sure how to do the cookies thing, but i see chip said something about safari not letting you distinguish between them. And that is the only place it happens for me. My computer is fine it would just pop up on my phone. I forgot to ask the owners if the pop up persists on their macbooks.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 16 of 17

**EDIT** I was just informed that the following information will only show for EU accounts. If you are in the US, please disregard. I'm going to leave this comment as-is in case other sellers find the information useful, and will add more details once I have received them. 

Thanks for the additional information, everyone. I do not have the following setting in my test account, but was told the cookie preferences option controls whether or not you see the tutorials. Can someone let me know if you see the option for Cookie Preferences from the dropdown in the top right corner of the Square dashboard

After you click the link you should see some toggle options. Make sure the option for Functionality Technology is turned ON. If you have it set to the OFF position, we cannot determine if you have used the setup guides, and therefore will always show up. 

Message 17 of 17