x

Items not showing in Square Reader app

Hi - I have two websites which are linked via the one account (one sign in). Even though it is the one account to sign in to, the items from the second website aren't showing in the square reader app items list - except for 3. They are in the square online item list,  why aren't they showing in the reader item list? I need them to be there for when I go back to market - help!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Artisan-Maker,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sorry to hear about the trouble here! 

Since you mentioned that you have multiple websites, it sounds like you have multiple locations on your Square account, too. It's possible that the items you're looking for are assigned to one location only at the moment, which would explain why you can't see them in your app. To check that your items are available in both / all locations:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard and head to the Items tab.

2. Look for an item you were "missing" in your Point of Sale app.

3. Under Item details, select Locations and make sure the item is available at all locations, or the location you're signed in to on your app.

Please let us know how you go!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hey @Artisan-Maker,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sorry to hear about the trouble here! 

Since you mentioned that you have multiple websites, it sounds like you have multiple locations on your Square account, too. It's possible that the items you're looking for are assigned to one location only at the moment, which would explain why you can't see them in your app. To check that your items are available in both / all locations:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard and head to the Items tab.

2. Look for an item you were "missing" in your Point of Sale app.

3. Under Item details, select Locations and make sure the item is available at all locations, or the location you're signed in to on your app.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 4

OMG! If my head wasn't screwed on it would be rolling down the street! Of course it's locations - as soon as I read that I knew! Thank you!!!!!!

Message 3 of 4

I'm glad we got to the bottom of this @Artisan-Maker 😊

Message 4 of 4