x

Invoicing and Square - Question - New to Square

I am considering switiching my business from QB POS to Square due to ease of use, marketing, etc.  We run a fair amount of receivables with customers from month to month and all of that is seamless with QBs.  We can bundle invoices, assess finance charges, send out a montly statement, plus keep an accounts receivable balance for accounting.  Will square send invoices to QB for us to do the same thing on the back end accouting side?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @OnslowFG, welcome to the Seller Community. 

This is a great question, so the Commerce Sync for Square and QuickBooks will automatically import your sales data, Right now the sync will import sales by category, sales tax, gift cards, payment methods, refunds, and sales by customer. 

It imports a few other details, but I think the sales by customer is what you'll need for creating your monthly statements. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 2 of 6

If we swap to Quickbooks online would we be able to reconcile Square Invoices then?  This seems like something that would be a normal occurence but I can't find any answers on the invoicing side.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Welcome back, @OnslowFG! Tom stepping in for Chad today.

Yes—QuickBooks Online can reconcile all Square payments, though the integration is built out on their end. For more specifics on how they handle invoices and to learn if it's a good fit for your business, I would suggest getting in touch with QuickBooks directly.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Thanks for your patience and let me know if any other questions come up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

Why is invoincing a customer the manual entry fee of 3.5% +15 cents. 

That seems to take away from the convience of invoicing. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hey @Becky1022 - Invoices have a processing fee of 2.9% + 30¢ if a customer is entering their payment information directly through the invoice in their email. This is overridden if you, as the Seller, are manually entering card information into your app since there is a greater risk with these payments without the card and customer present. To avoid the higher processing fee, I recommend letting the customer pay the invoice directly rather than manually entering the payment information yourself.

I hope that clarifies things for you. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 6