x

Comment on the new Square Register

We are a small charitable thrift shop in Santa Rosa, California. We have been using Square for about 5 years. Our system was, until about 2 weeks ago, an Apple iPad (Air) on a Square Stand. We have always had a bar code reader, cash drawer and printer attached to the system and at the start of 2016 added the Bluetooth chip reader. We had consistent difficulties with the Apple and had finally become so disgusted that we were looking at other point of sale devices.

Then we became aware of the new Square Register. I wanted to hold off on the purchase until the Square Register had been out longer, but the problems caused by the Apple were just too much to tolerate and were costing us lost sales.  So, we purchased the Square Register knowing that if we did not like it we could return it within 30 days.

The Square Register has been operating for 2 weeks at this point. It is truly astounding!  In that time, it has handled hundreds of sales flawlessly. It has not had even one hiccup!  It, so far, has been totally reliable. To say we are happy would be a gross understatement. The customers love that extra screen that shows them exactly what their charges are and allows them to print a receipt or receive a receipt by email or text.  I might say also that the cash drawer, the bar code reader and the printer that we used with the Apple based Square Stand are all fully compatible with the Square Register and did not have to be replaced.

The Square Register is a true Quantum Leap for Square and very much worth its reasonable cost. It really is only slightly more expensive that the Square Stand with the Apple iPad and it is VASTLY more reliable. 

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. 

Bob Harris

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience @Harris2508

If I come across any sellers that are looking for opinions about the Square Register, I'll definitely loop you in. 

We'd love to hear more about your experience, and not just the good stuff.

What do you think we can do to make it better? If there was one thing that you would change, what would it be? 

If there's anything that you think would improve your experience as a seller, or your customers experience as a buyer, let us know 👍🏼

Message 2 of 2