x

Any Liquor Stores using square?

Hi Seller Community,

Any other liquor stores using the sqaure POS?  

Interested to see if you are using square marketing and how its improved your business.

What square feautures have you found success with using in our industry?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Thank you for your post @wbrunso! I'm keeping an eye out for you for other liquor stores here in the Community.

In the meantime, you might be interested to read this thread from cafe owner @ryanwanner: Is Square Marketing worth it? YES! It might be a good place to start! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 6

I close on my liquor store end of May 2021. Just wondering if you use the square retail system? I use the old square system in my Salon for 7 years now & love it!

Message 3 of 6

I'm a liquor store owner. I have been using Square for the past 4 months. So far it has been great compared to the other liquor store specific POS systems, however, I think square really needs to add features specific to liquor stores. For instance, the ability to swap items from distributors, entering free goods into the system, adding the ability to enter inventory based on case quantity and price and this would automatically break down the cost per bottle, etc... I also would love a feature where I can change prices automatically for each category based on margin. For instance if we assign a particular category 20% profit margin, it would automatically calculate the retail price based on the cost already in the system and possibly even round up or down (retail of $5.79 would round up to $5.99 and retail of $5.04 would round down to $4.99). All in all its a great system, but definitely needs a lot more features and functionality for liquor stores.

In terms of marketing, I have not used this feature yet. But will let you know once I do.

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

What do you do for age verification at liquor store with Square POS? 

Why doesn't Square have a liquor store category when setting up a new POS ? 

Do you recommend the Square POS for new liquor store business? 

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

We are in the process of migrating from LightSpeed POS to Square Retail Plus (SRP). We can't say it's been easy as I've spent more time (hours) than we wanted. There are certainly issues with SRP as there are with other POS systems. In particular, deposits, lottery, 2for specials or multi specials, the discounts are very limited as the only options are % and $, top-level categories only, and there's no way (I can find) to have a pop-up menu when scanning a UPC code to select different package options.

We are convinced we know more about Square Retail Plus than the tech support team!

www.SLMWines.com
Premier destination for wine, beer, and spirits!
Message 6 of 6