x

Using Square in lieu of a custom cake/bakery management system?

Hello! I own a small custom cake business and have been using Square for the past year for invoicing and POS. I also use Squarespace to host my website and like how that is setup. Additionally, I'm running cake requests through a separate form manager (currently Airtable) AND then manually tracking when orders are due - since everything is ordered in advance. What a headache! I know there has to be a better way. 

I've trialed some bakery management software options (like BakeDiary, CakeBoss, BakeSmart, etc), but all of them seem to be overkill and still don't really integrate Square the way I want them to. 

I can't help but think that there is a better way to integrate my website and POS systems. I'm not eager to ditch Squarespace and move EVERYTHING to Square online, but I guess I could. I would really LOVE to hear if anyone has used the two successfully together for future (CUSTOM) orders and if there's an easy way to make the calendaring actually work well. (I've tried Square Appointments and it seems like it's really geared toward appointment-based services like hair salons, nail salons, etc.). 

Thoughts? Advice?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Did you ever manage to get this set up? I have an ice cream store and trying to figure out how to do online orders of custom cakes. In addition to the advance notice required, really struggling to figure out how to list all the options using modifiers (any theme for the cake? Specific writing on it? etc) and have them show up correctly in the online store. 

--Bonnie

Message 2 of 2