x
Square Champion

2024 Growth

We are about 8 months into the year. How has this year compared to last year so far?

The biggest change for me in my business has been opening a second tanning salon and promoting staff to leadership roles at my first one. It has been a year of growth and sacrifice and I wouldn't have it any other way!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Here is a small example:

giveaway.png

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

We've had new competition open close by, but we are only 1.75% under last year at this time, and last year was a record high. Social media ads targeting area's, and Square Gift Card giveaways have been successful. Engage with your customers, get to know them.

Message 2 of 6
Square Champion

Best Answer

Here is a small example:

giveaway.png

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

Retail is down in-store in our brick & mortar but we're up due to TikTok shop which has literally been a life saver for us. 

For example for this current month (July) TikTok shop is represents an additional 75% of sales 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 6
Square Champion

I would love more information on this! I definitely need to tap into TikTok shop. Going to give you a follow right now and work on a strategy for promotion on there over this next week! Do you use "content pillars" on TikTok? 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 5 of 6
Seller Community Mentor

I'm a little behind on my ledger for this year but so far the year seems to have kept up with past years as to how busy we are the size of jobs that are coming in.  We've been fortunate to get some really big jobs this year.  We normally only get 2-3 in a year and in 2022 we had 8 of them.  Those 8 represented well over 100k for us in sales.  So far this year, we've already had 5 and there are more coming.  I'm anticipating that we will meet or exceed what we did in 2022.  Don't get me wrong, 2023 wasn't a bad year, but 2022 makes it look that way because it was unexpected.

Congrats on doing well everyone!

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 6 of 6