x

How can you set up a website portal for customers to purchase online ?

I am curious if there is a way in Square to set up an online store where customers login and place an order, It would be for apparel that is only available for a short time.

The title of this thread has been edited from the original to make it more accessible to other sellers with similar queries: web stores

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SlateCreek, thanks for posting !

If you already have a paid Square Online subscription (Plus or above), you can enable Customer Accounts on your website. To do so :

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Customer Accounts or Shared Settings > Customer Accounts.

2. Toggle Customer Accounts on.

The feature provides a more personalized experience for your buyers and allow them to track the status of existing orders, view past orders and easily reorder their favorites items for example. 

You'll find additional information about Customer Accounts on our Support Center. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions 🙂.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SlateCreek, thanks for posting !

If you already have a paid Square Online subscription (Plus or above), you can enable Customer Accounts on your website. To do so :

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Customer Accounts or Shared Settings > Customer Accounts.

2. Toggle Customer Accounts on.

The feature provides a more personalized experience for your buyers and allow them to track the status of existing orders, view past orders and easily reorder their favorites items for example. 

You'll find additional information about Customer Accounts on our Support Center. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions 🙂.

Message 2 of 10

Hi There, I saw this question come up and was quite curious about it too. 

I've followed  your instructions, I'm on online Plus, but there is nothing in my online overview in settings that says customer accounts. 

I was going to add a photo, but it wont let me.

so all I see in settings is:

General
Checkout
Sales Taxes
Notifications
Tracking tools
Lanuguage & units

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hi @CoraliesCrafts1,

The Customer Accounts feature on Square Online is currently available for US sellers only, which is why you're not able to find it on your own account. I'm sorry for the disappointment!

However, this is a popular request and the release of this feature on the UK market is definitely on the roadmap. I'll let you know on this thread once it's available. Make sure to also keep an eye out for the announcement on our UK Product Update page, and let me know if you have any questions. 

Message 4 of 10

Thank you for your reply, Its now available on on my website. 

Not Sure when it became available but its there now. 

thought id let you know

Message 5 of 10

Thanks but I am looking for a webstore that team members and parents can login and order team apparel etc.. Basically their own temporary website that they can purchase from before the store closes at a determined date.

Message 6 of 10

also what would be nice since the info given is not correct if Square would actually have people helping customers.

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hi @SlateCreek,

Thanks for the additional context ! I misunderstood and thought you were describing the ability for customers to create their own accounts, login and order but it seems like that was not the case.

Unfortunately,  we don't have a feature that allows customers to log in through a portal to access a temporary website/page but you can submit that as a feature request for our team to review.

Aside from customer account, another option would be to create a password-protected site or page to sell your items. This means customers will not be able to access the site and purchase items until they've entered the password you have created.  You can read more about this feature in our Support Center.

I understand your frustration about the original title edit. We occasionally change titles for clarity purposes, and to ensure other sellers with similar questions don't miss out on the thread because the title didn't reflect the discussion. As your original query isn't about Customer Accounts, I have slightly tweaked it to reflect this conversation.

Lastly, if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend reviewing our Community Etiquette Guidelines when you have a moment to make sure we maintain a productive conversation.

Let me know if there's any other question I can help with !

Message 8 of 10

why was the title of this post changed? Really close to switching to Shopify this is getting old.

Message 9 of 10

Thank you this is what I was looking for and I apologize that I took my frustration out on you. 

Message 10 of 10