x
Beta Member

Request! Ability to Archive Items in Square for Restaurants AND Retail

Our business is a venue with many retail items that also has a bar and food truck so we use Square for Retail AND Square for Restaurants. While trying to clean up our inventory we were wanting to archive a lot of retail items that we no longer carry … but unfortunately Square does not allow you to archive items when you are using Square for Restaurants in your dashboard. We would GREATLY appreciate the ability to archive both retail and restaurant items. Surely there are restaurants out there that want to archive a dish that did not sell well but want to keep it in the archive so it shows up on reports. Please find a way to allow archiving for both platforms! Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @sadmonkeytx.  If all you are concerned about are reports, then Square already does this, though not exactly as you are thinking.  Until a few years ago, I sold food items.  About 4 years ago, I decided to get out of the food business.  So I deleted all of my items in my library that were food related.  However, when I go back to the years I sold food (and other now deleted items), the reports still show all of the food items, food-related modifiers, etc, even though those items are long gone.  Deleting items from our libraries doesn’t delete the item sales history and reporting.  It just removes them from our libraries.

I’m including a couple of screen shots from my 2016 item and modifier sales reports.  The items circled in red are food items that were deleted 4 years ago.  As you’ll see, they still show up in all reporting.

I hope that helps.

IMG_5218.jpegIMG_5219.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2