x

How do I split 1-sales ticket along with tip between 2 employees ?

How do split 1 sales ticket along with tip between 2 or more employees?

Sometime we have 2 barbers helping 1 family and need to split the tip & sale.

Thank you. James @ Colonial Barber Shop

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@ColonialBarber, yes, that does make sense. Thank you for providing that example.

At this time, you can only pay out tips based on who processed the transaction (direct attribution), or you can collect and split tips as a part of a tip pool (tip pooling).

You can learn more here

Feel free to share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here. Our Product Team is always on the lookout for feedback to enhance our products.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

You will have to do this manually. There isn't a way, to my knowledge, to do what you want in the system

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 6

Hi @alexandriak,

Just jumping in her to offer my two cents!

Please take a moment to review the tip pooling feature outlined in our online guide here. Does this align with what you're trying to achieve in terms of splitting the tip evenly between the two staff members who were logged in at the time the payment was processed?

Let us know either way, and we'll see what additional information we can source for you.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@ColonialBarber see response above. This may just work the tip though but something to look into

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 4 of 6

Not trying to pool tips & split evenly with all the employees during a work shift or that day.

Example: We have a family of 2 and dad pays for both himself and child but we use 2 different barbers- the barber who rings in the amount gets the commission and tip. I have to split manually so they each gets 50% of the commission and 50% of the tips left by dad.

Does that make sense of what I'm trying to achieve here??

Thanks, James 

Message 5 of 6

Best Answer

@ColonialBarber, yes, that does make sense. Thank you for providing that example.

At this time, you can only pay out tips based on who processed the transaction (direct attribution), or you can collect and split tips as a part of a tip pool (tip pooling).

You can learn more here

Feel free to share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here. Our Product Team is always on the lookout for feedback to enhance our products.

Message 6 of 6